Sermon Series: Jan. 8- Feb. 26
In the midst of breathtaking change and volatility all around us, Paul’s letter to the Colossians encourages us to continue in the faith, established and firm, unmoving from the hope held out in the gospel (Colossians 1:23).
In a world that has reduced Jesus to a good man, a moral teacher, or a figment of the imagination, Paul proclaims the truth about Jesus (Colossians 1:15-20):
- Jesus is God’s beloved Son.
- He is the image of the invisible God.
- All things have been created through Him and for Him.
- In Him all things hold together.
- Through Him all things are reconciled to God.
- Through His death, you are reconciled to God. You will be presented holy in God’s sight, without blemish and free from accusation— if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel.
Let us begin this new year by focusing on how to live lives that are worthy of the Lord- lives that please him in every way! (Colossians 1:10)